Monday, October 23, 2006

Nicol wins 7th title of the year


Nicol David extended her winning run to 22 matches as she collected the Hong Kong Open title - and $12,750 - with a straight games win over Tania Bailey.


"I made a good start but if you gave Tania any room she'll take advantage, which is what she did in the second.

"She didn't make any errors in that spell, playing a good game, and I was putting it to the front too much, she's deadly up there. So I had to make sure she would have to work hard to get any more points, and fortunately it worked.

"I thought I played a good match, felt really good and with a good rhythm, I just pushed on to the end of the match.

"The court is great, it was a bit warmer tonight than yesterday, so I just managed to get to some shots I might have missed yesterday. The atmosphere is great, such a good crowd and there were lots of Malaysians here to support me."



No comments: