Friday, September 08, 2006

My Palm

My Palm Vx finally died on Wednesday, the battery was bad, the digitizer went haywire, etc. Thank god i can still manage to synchrnonize the information. And I also finally bought a replacement *the Palm Z22* else I wouldn't be able to retreive all the information. Its like my life is in it.

Infact this is my third Palm, my first was a Palm IIIx. I got it dirt cheap (like half the price) from Mr Yeo (ex-colleague from the ex-company), he was at a conference and they were offering this awesome package of a Palm IIIx and Vx @ half the price, he bought both and I bought over the IIIx from him. :-) this was back in 1998 I think.

And my second was even more awesome, I won it at a F5 seminar - a Palm Vx. At first I was reluctant to attend this seminar as there was a free viewing of Lord of the Ring - Twin Towers, arranged by HP @ TGV Sunway. I was actually at the HP event and got dragged to Sheraton Subang for the F5 event instead. Anyway it was a blessing in disguised, when Raymond Ooi announced my name that I've been drawn to win the Palm Vx. There were only four items up for grabs, 2 were Palm Vx and can't remember the other 2 (was too happy to remember what were the others). I think this is the only *real thing* I've won from a lucky draw so far. It felt good!!

And after so many years, depending it for almost every information there is, it was slowly dying..noticed it late last year. Couldn't decide which model to buy and since it was still working never bothered about it until the last few days. So yesterday without much hesitation decided on the Z22 instead of the higher models since I only needed it store information not to play MP3s or videos or take photos and a lot cheaper. Learned this from my digital camera dilemma days :-). And after charging for an hour or 2 (kenot tahan already), upgraded the Palm Desktop software and happily synchronize everthing into the Z22. And it works great! I'm so happy...

RIP PALM Vx for you have served well....

No comments: